SCB 68percent.png


Are you looking for a new job or new housing? Mistakes in the past may have resulted in arrest, charges and in some cases convictions. But they don’t have to follow you forever. Nondisclosure or expunction could allow you to seal your criminal record.

At The Law Office of Shawn C. Brown, PC, in San Antonio, our experienced criminal defense lawyers know how important it is to protect your reputation.

Are you eligible to clear your criminal record? New tools are available. Call us at 1-888-WE-FIGHT and 210-224-8200 or a free consultation. Hablamos español.

What Is Nondisclosure?

While a nondisclosure order will not completely destroy criminal records, it does limit who can access the records. It is one way to prevent records from being released publicly or accessed by private parties. The records will however remain for government agencies and could be admissible in some court actions.

You can generally apply for nondisclosure after:

  • Successfully completing probation (for example, receive a discharge and dismissal on a deferred adjudication)

  • Waiting out a statutory period from zero to 5 years depending on the offense with no subsequent criminal charges

Certain charges such as domestic violence, murder or that carry sexual offender registration do not qualify.

While the criminal justice system is tough, it does offer second chances. Yet, it requires the help of a skilled attorney to make your case and ensure all the boxes are checked. At The Law Office of Shawn C. Brown, PC, we are determined to help you get the best outcome for your case.

How Does Expunction Differ?

It can permanently erase an arrest, removing it from your criminal record. In effect, this offers you a second chance once a petition for expunction is granted.

You are not required to report expunged offenses on a job application. It will obliterate any record of your case or arrest record. Records removed include:

  • Fingerprints

  • Mugshots

  • Police Reports

  • Anything else associated with your case

In most situations, you have to wait three years before seeking an expunction. The procedures and criteria vary depending on whether you are applying for an expunction of a juvenile or adult record.

Because the requirements are complicated and there are many exceptions, it is vital to seek legal counsel from attorneys who frequently handle expunction and nondisclosures. Our experienced attorneys will be able to offer more guidance based on your individual situation.

Find Out If  You Qualify

Is a criminal record limiting your options? Can you seal records? Find out by calling 1-888-WE-FIGHT and 210-224-8200 to make an appointment for a FREE consultation. You can also reach the firm by email to request more information.